Sunday 10 January 2016

BA-122: EGKK -> KORD

Callsign: BA-112 Aircraft: Boeing 777-300LR
From: EGKK To: KORD
Trip time: 1h42m Elevation: ~20,000ft
Speed: 330kntsFGCom: 109.88Mhz
Flightrule: VFR ...

This was my first flight on this route and although very long, it was a good flight  I would recommend trying it out. There are a couple of things to watch out for;
1: Load LOTS of fuel, its a really long way, next time ill try EL instead of the LR.
2: You have to lower your altitude a little later, the air is a little more violent and the terrain is not quite as flat as Europe.

I had no ATC services for this flight but landing went well. There was a moment at ETA22m where the plane lost all power, some random failure! I had no idea that FlightGear would cause faults without me selecting one. I did a restart and everything seemed to go well after that apart from being a little lower and slower when I made my approach.

The KORD models are pretty nice and not overusing of runway lights like at Gatwick.  So in summary all my passengers arrived at their destination, I landed light and very slightly ahead of schedule I'll chalk this one up as a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment