Sunday 17 January 2016

Circuit Training

I did a little circuit training today at Chatteris airfield. I learned a few things. My handling is getting better and not using any autopilot to maintain headings was fun and great practice. I flew in a Cessna 127p Skyhawk (1981) and a Diamond DA 42. I really liked the Diamond , Here is a picture of it.

My initial flights were in the Cessna, I flew a left handed circuit targeting about 700ft, this varied a LOT because of the wind, wow those small planes feel it. I was also at a different airport for this section of my flight, I moved to a small UK airfield to avoid traffic (two AI liners fighting for a RW). Here are a few pictures of that part.

[PIC1]Awkwardly making my crosswind turn
[PIC2] The airliner train.

During my flight at Chatteris I also included a few landings at RAF Mildenhall. I kept coming in a little low, I find it quite hard to maintain a steep glide slope but it's getting better. The following pictures are a medley of my session.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment