Saturday 16 January 2016

ATC Day : 15/1/16

So on Friday I did an ATC day at EGSS (London Stansted). It was a slow day in general but there was an hour of excitement. I learned something new and practised vectoring. And I noticed that my VFR radio has improved, which is nice as I've been reading a bit about it.

I did notice that a lot of people were booted when getting within render range of the airport. I think the FlightGear people should add to their guidelines that you should visit the destination airport beforehand to make sure you have the terrain and scenery downloaded.

I think ill start using one of the larger airports next time to take advantage of having more than one runway.

The vectoring was quite new (I'm a beginner remember) but it was quite easy once you stop forgetting to keep the right aircraft selected when using the cursor.

I think the small aircraft that was initially training got a little frustrated because I had to route him around a bit. The problem here was players with the dodgy connections because they would just stop and go idle then carry on and the timing in the incoming queue would then be messed up.

I tried to solve this by spacing them out, but the problem with this was I felt this was frustrating for some pilots, although no one actually said so.

If anyone that is seeing this from the link in my ATC or flight event and has a tip, question, comment then this blog is the place to do that. If you comment to one of these posts then I'll reply as quickly as I can. If you have a criticism then post that too but if I am doing something wrong then please what I should be doing instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment