Monday 13 June 2016

ATC Weekend

Hi folks!

Its been a slow weekend, but Saturday had a number of people flying in so that was cool. I have been experimenting with some routing techniques and I think I'm making some good improvements. One main area I know I need to improve on is my radio technique, this has been pointed out a few times. So I'm working on this too.

I'm going to be looking at getting some buildings in the airport over the next couple of weeks. It looks like the floating terminals and their gates. I think the main terminal building will be trickier but I'm going to do my best. If anyone knows about this stuff and would like to help out then I really could do with it, it looks like I am going to have to build some of my own models and frankly there is only so much room in my head for so much.

What I'm planning

I am working on figuring out the ICAO.procedures file format so I can offer SID/STAR files for your autopilot. The wiki on this is pretty poor, there is no definition information and pretty much 2 whole pages and the only useful information on them is the location of the files ... go figure.

Once I have worked this out I will probably publish what I learned on here so its not so hard for other people in the future. I have yet to look at the XML layout of the models, I'm hoping I can load these into the blender or some other VR tool I have experience with (I used to be a Virtual Reality content creator and community host).


Hello there!

I had a visitor from someone who said they are a reader, but at that moment everything was getting crazy on mumble (see troll rating below) so I'm sorry I didn't see your chat after you were parked up; it gets crazy sometimes.
But hello to "Goose" and I'm glad you came to visit. I hope you pop in again and have a chat.
 

A few flights

 I had a few nice flights, some regulars came through and so many fighter aircraft this weekend. the F-14 seems to be getting very popular. I have had a brief read up on the military phraseology a little, I do forget bits here and there though.

If you are one of these pilots and you want to fly as a group thats great, but please elect one of your group as the formation leader beforehand, it makes things so much simpler. And just because you are in a fighter jet does not mean you get priority over other traffic, Stansted is a commercial airport and commercial aircraft will get priority.

That being said; I do enjoy it when its not at "peak" times where there are lots of liners inbound, this is a bad time to to pattern flying.



Troll


The troll was a bit more active this week, at one point they were directly targeting me, but they didn't have the staying power for someone thinks having your own troll is like a trophy.  He was mildly irritating  but not really very fun this time. His act had no thought put into it like the other guy and he was obviously pandering to the audience (I could manipulate him to change his name). The most sophisticated they could come up with was joinquit and setting their recording device as the audio monitor.

Troll rating: 2/10 - A poor effort all round.



No comments:

Post a Comment